Our Customer service standard and the level of service you can expect from the Accommodation Team are set out below.
The Accommodation Services Team will ensure:
- Our staff present themselves in a professional way and are well trained and knowledgeable
- We provide an efficient service that meets requirements of both our customers and partner agencies
- We consult with our students on how our service meets their needs, how it can be improved and act on recommendations to develop and improve our service.
When you contact our office you can expect us to:
- Respond to all general enquiries within 3 working days
- Attempt to handle all calls first hand. However, if we need to transfer the call, we will explain why we are transferring the call
- Acknowledge complaints within 3 working days and where necessary consult with our third party housing providers
- Acknowledge your housing application at the point of submission
- Provide you with regular updates on our allocation status.
Our Advisers have many years of experience in providing information and guidance on student accommodation. We also work with the University of London who help our students with advice on private sector renting.
Confidentiality and your data
The Student Centre operates within the University's Data Protection Policy, as outlined in the Data Protection Act 1998. Read City's Privacy Notice for further information.
Any personal data held by the service will be securely destroyed after 7 years.
Have your say
We are committed to providing high quality services and continuing to improve our services to meet your needs. To tell us what you think about our services, you can:
- Compliment us - when you are happy with a service by a team member, you can nominate them for a WOW award. All staff email signatures have a link where you can make your nomination
- Complain - when we don't get it right, you can do this by emailing our office with your concerns.