We aim to ensure that City, University of London provides a safe environment, and enable employees and students to work, learn and carry out research in a safe manner.
Summary of this policy
City, University of London aims to achieve the highest possible standard of health and safety for its students and employees.
Read the Health and Safety policy in full.
The Safety Office responsibilities
- We systematically assess health and safety risks and provide support and training to manage risks.
- We continually monitor and review health and safety policies, procedures and arrangements.
- We carry out investigations into students' and employees' health and safety concerns.
- We ensure fire safety and emergency arrangements are in place and remain effective.
- We aim to ensure the University is legally compliant and follows best practice.
- You must take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your activities.
- You must not misuse or interfere with anything that the University has provided for health and safety reasons.
- You should report any shortcomings in health and safety arrangements to your Departmental Safety Liaison Officer, Safety Liaison Officer or the Safety Office if you are an employee; or to your tutor or supervisor if you are a student.
To report an accident, incident or near-miss, or if you require first aid please contact as above or contact the emergency number on 020 7040 3333 (extension 3333 internally).