City is committed to a policy of protecting the rights and privacy of individuals with regard to its processing of their personal data.
Summary of the Data Protection Policy
City, University of London is committed to a policy of protecting the rights and privacy of individuals with regard to its processing of their personal data.
The policy applies to all personal data processed by City. This includes data about:
- current, past and prospective students and members of staff and their family members
- people who take part in our research
- contractors and suppliers
- donors and supporters of the University
- customers and clients of services and facilities provided by the University
- visitors to the University.
City also processes and stores CCTV footage for security and safety. For further information, please read our CCTV Policy.
The purpose of the Data Protection Policy is to:
- Promote the highest standards of information handling practice
- Set out the framework by which City will demonstrate compliance with Data Protection legislation.
Individuals have the right of access to their own personal data held by the University. Requests should be made to Dataprotection@city.ac.uk.