About City
  1. Schools and departments
  2. Education
  3. Rector and President
  4. Governance and leadership
  5. Working at City
  6. History of City
  7. More about City
  8. Campus map
  9. Contact us
  1. Legal
  2. How to Access Information
  3. Information Access Fees
About City

Information Access Fees

City, University of London provides information free of charge on its website.

Data Protection Subject Access Requests

Where you wish to access information about yourself, this is covered by the (General Data Protection Regulation 2016). In line with the statutory charging regime, City will normally charge £10.00 for providing this information.

Freedom of Information/Environmental Information Regulations

Where the information you seek is about City's functioning in some way and if the information you require is not available freely on the Internet, or if you have difficulty accessing it, you can make a request. Where the cost involved in responding to your request amounts to more than £10 you will be given a fees notice asking you to provide a fee to cover the costs of photocopying, postage or any other related costs. For amounts less than £10 the fee will be waived. Photocopying will be calculated at a maximum charge of 10p per sheet. The 20-day deadline for supplying the information will be suspended until the fee has been received.

If the cost of complying with the request amounts to £450 or more, calculated at £25 per hour in staff time in relation to locating, retrieving and extracting the information, then the request will be forwarded to the Head of Information Compliance & Policy, who will decide whether to

  • Refuse the request
  • Charge for the cost of complying including calculations based on staff time involved with retrieving and collating the information
  • Supply the information without the full charge being imposed

Where more than one request is received by the same person, or people acting together as part of a campaign, City may consider combining the costs when determining whether they amount to £450 This will only be considered where the requests are of a similar nature and within a 60-day period.

Where charges relate to providing the information in another language City reserves the right to charge, and the decision will rest with the Head of Information Compliance & Policy.

Where the information is requested to enable access to information in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act, the fee for conversion will be waived in most circumstances.

A fuller description of City's Fees process is available here.