Senate and its sub-committees (academic committees) are the key mechanisms of academic governance at City.
Senate is chaired by the President and has delegated authority from the Council for the enhancement of City’s academic quality and assurance of academic standards across City. Its sub-committees are responsible for key areas of strategy and policy.
The below pages include:
- The terms of reference, which indicate the purpose and remit of each committee.
- Papers considered at each of the committees.
- Guidance for Secretaries, agenda templates and Board of Studies guidance.
- Historical papers and those of superseded committees.
- Academic Governance Committee
- Education and Student Committee
- Educational Quality Committee (commenced February 2018)
- Doctoral College Board of Studies (supersedes Graduate School Committee)
- University Programme Approval Committee (advisory to Deputy President and Provost)
Collaborative Committees, including Course Boards:
- Collaborative Provision Committee (supersedes Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee and Partnerships Sub-Committee)
- Arts Ed. Course Board
- ESCP Europe Course Board
- GSMD Course Board for Research Degrees
- Hansard Course Board
- INTO Course Board
- Trinity Laban Course Board