In the Heart of a Global City
Where we want to be by 2020
We exploit the unique advantages our London (and City of London) location affords, as well as the range of international partnerships and collaborations we are part of, to provide opportunities for our students in their studies, co-curricular activities and broader student experience.
Through step-change activity we will maximise on our global location and distinctive links with London (and the City of London) to ensure our programme, School and institutional educational offers are characterised by:
- Opportunities for our students to develop a breadth of experience as preparation for life and work in an increasingly global and fast paced-world
- Participation in partnerships and collaborations which exemplify our values of excellence, creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship
- Exploitation of the opportunities our location affords for our students to gain practical, real-world experience and exposure to the sectors, businesses and the professions City has developed alongside including, importantly, our close links with Tech City
- Active engagement in research and academic practice, and participation in the professional, business, entrepreneurial, social and cultural life of our global city
- Research collaboration and the dissemination of research produced by students
- Supporting our students in accessing the opportunities our urban location and global outlook provides
- Celebration and recognition of our pivotal positioning within the heart of the multicultural and diverse City of London and the global Centre for health care, law, finance, entrepreneurism, technology, media and the arts.
Step-change activity will focus on the following areas to support the consistent realisation of our intended destination across our services and provision:
- Providing opportunities for our students to undertake valuable work experience and internships with leaders in business and the professions via our London and global links
- Building on our international profile, partnerships and global outlook for the benefit of our students (e.g. through exchange programmes and study abroad opportunities)
- Enhancing our academic, business and professional connections and partnerships in London and internationally
- Bringing the benefits of our location and global outlook into the curriculum (e.g. exploiting the advantages available to us through existing links, including examples such as Tech City, Inns of Court, Clerkenwell Design Quarter and Moorfield Hospital)
- Using our distinct location to develop a rich offering of internal and external co-curricular events and activities
- Celebrating and further enriching our own global community.
We will also continue to foster areas of strength in relation to:
- Reflecting and refining our educational offer by maintaining open dialogue and a collaborative approach at programme, School and institutional level to ensure we remain distinctive, competitive and responsive to the changing market
- Fostering effective collaboration at all levels within the institution as well as with partners and experts to enhance our educational offer and student experience (e.g. community seminars and showcasing research and innovations).