Where we want to be by 2020
Our Schools, Programmes, Professional Services and Students’ Union work collaboratively to offer a range of opportunities for our students beyond their academic studies, to help them develop as rounded, reflective and confident individuals who see their journey at City as part of a meaningful, lifelong relationship with us.
Through step-change activity we will help our students maximise the potential of their time here at City, to develop their talent and engage with communities and opportunities characterised by:
- A diverse range of co-curricular social, cultural, volunteering, representation, professional development, sporting and wellbeing activities
- Opportunities for our students, staff and local community to work together
- Supporting students to develop their own communities and societies at programme, departmental, School and institutional level
- Opportunities for our students to reflect on their social responsibility and engage in initiatives and activities associated with environmental sustainability and development
- Recognition of achievement, celebrating our students’ successes and enabling them to reflect on their own development
- A range of mechanisms for students to engage with us, provide their feedback and contribute to decision-making as part of our commitment to working in partnership with them
- Opportunities for students to take part and develop as engaged, civic minded participants in our internal and external communities.
- Comprehensiveness and integration of information about activities and opportunities available to staff and students provided by City and the Students’ Union (including social media and technology platforms)
- Supporting and encouraging student-led initiatives, student representation and activities which will enhance the development of leadership skills
- Developing a strong student community through enhancements to our dynamic and inviting student spaces and facilities, including our CitySports facility and offer
- Providing opportunities for our students to reflect on environmental sustainability and to engage in sustainability initiatives
- Providing opportunities for students to engage in and build communities through clubs and societies and enhancing our offering in this area
- Providing a range of co-curricular activities, including internal and external events and networks which maximise on our location in the City of London
- Building on the partnership between City and the Students’ Union through fostering a well-defined and shared understanding of our roles, increasing collaboration and celebrating success together.
We will also continue to foster areas of strength in relation to:
- Fostering a culture where staff and students are able to challenge and innovate
- Celebrating the success of our students and staff
- Building partnerships with the local community.