Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee
The purpose of Validation and Institutional Partnerships (VIP) Committee is to oversee the effective operation of all aspects of the University’s collaborative provision offered through validation and institutional partnerships. In particular, the VIP Committee works to ensure that the quality and standards of collaborative programmes and awards within its remit are commensurate with those offered within the University.
Terms of Reference
- Overseeing the operation of the University framework and Agreements for validation and institutional partnerships, keeping them under review.
- Formulating, implementing, reviewing and developing University policy on validation and institutional partnerships to make recommendations to Senate.
- Undertaking responsibility for operating the University framework for validation and institutional partnerships with regard to the investigation of institutions and to make recommendations to Senate.
- Undertaking responsibility for operating the University framework for programme validation/approval and revalidation/periodic review and approving recommendations on behalf of Senate where further periods are proposed or making recommendations to Senate where termination or suspension is proposed.
- Establishing sub-committees of Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee including composition, membership and terms of reference. In particular, approving the establishment of Course Boards for new relationships.
- Contributing to the University’s process of strategic review of validation and institutional partnerships making recommendations to Senate and Executive Committee as appropriate.
- Approving proposed amendments to programmes offered through validation and institutional partnership arrangements.
- Liaising with other standing Committees of Senate as appropriate.
Composition and Membership
Dean of Validation (Chair)
Prof Steve Stanton
Three members of academic staff, at least two of whom are members of Senate, appointed annually by Senate and not normally chairs of Course Boards.
Ms Susan Blake
Ms Claire De Than
Prof Ros Bryar
Chairs of Course Boards
Arts Educational Schools, Guildhall School of Music & Drama, Trinity Laban, Nordoff Robbins, Hansard House of Commons, Ravensbourne College
Prof Steve Stanton
City and Islington College
Prof Chris Hull
Prof George Balabanis
Dr Russell Gerrard
Length of Appointment of Members
Appointed for up to three years, renewable.
Assistant Director Student and Academic Services
Validation and Partnership Manager
Direct to Senate
30% rounded up to the next whole number of the total actual membership.
Frequency of Meetings
As required, at least once a year.
Date of meetings in 2014-15
|23.10.14, 12.02.15, 04.06.15, 02.07.15|
VIP Committee has delegated authority from Senate for:
- The implementation and oversight of the University’s validation and institutional partnerships framework and Agreements.
- Approval of recommendations arising from programme validation/approval and revalidation/periodic review where a further period is proposed
- Approval of amendments to programmes offered through validation and institutional partnerships.
If you would like to see records of committee meetings prior to 2015, please visit our archived pages.