INTO Course Board
Terms of Reference
- To maintain and enhance academic quality and standards of the programmes that lead to an award or credit of the University ensuring commensurability with University and national requirements and compliance with the Memorandum of Agreement.
- To consider local, University, national, and international policies and developments that will impact upon validated programmes and, where appropriate, for recommendations to be reported to the relevant University body.
- To receive from the Programme Management Team proposed programme amendments and special schemes of study for subsequent recommendation to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To consider nominations for external examiners for subsequent recommendation to the University’s Senate.
- To take an overview of recruitment.
- To consider and approve any APL/ APEL recommendations for entry to the programmes.
- To receive details of staff changes and accompanying CVs with regard to those who contribute to the delivery and assessment of the programmes.
- To receive and consider Annual Programme Evaluations for subsequent report to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To receive and consider minutes of Programme Management Team meetings.
- To receive and respond to the University’s annual report on its meeting with student representatives.
- To receive new validation proposal outlines for subsequent recommendation to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To receive reports arising from validation and revalidation visits and to oversee the implementation of action/s arising for subsequent report to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
To receive reports from the INTO City University London Joint Venture Board on any institutional developments that may impact upon the validation relationship including changes in governance and management, relationships with any other institutions and external quality or accreditation review, for subsequent report to Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
Equality and Diversity statement
City, University of London is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in all its activities, processes, and culture, under its Public Sector Equality Duties and the Equality Act 2010. This includes promoting equality and diversity for all, irrespective of any protected characteristic, working pattern, family circumstance, socio-economic background, political belief or other irrelevant distinction.
Diverse membership of all committees is expected. Wherever possible membership will consist of at least 30% women and 30% men and representation of other protected groups will be actively considered. Where this has not been met, committees should be able to demonstrate what action has been taken to achieve this target.
City, University of London
Dr Russell Gerrard
Dean of Validation (ex-officio member)
Professor Steve Stanton
INTO City School Coordinator - School of Law (Deputy Chair)
Professor Susan Blake
INTO City School Coordinator - Cass Business School
Dr Russell Gerrard
INTO City School Coordinator - School of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences and School of Informatics
Dr Chak Cheung
INTO City School Coordinator - School of Arts and School of Social Sciences
Professor Steve Cottrell
INTO City University London
Director of Operations INTO City Joint Venture
INTO London Centre Academic Director
Programme Manager for City Foundation Certificate and Extended Foundation Certificate Pathways
Programme Manager for Graduate Diploma Pathways
INTO Academic Support Manager
If you would like to see records of course board meetings, please visit our archived pages.