City and Islington Course Board
Terms of Reference
- To maintain and enhance academic quality and standards of the programmes that lead to an award of the University ensuring commensurability with University and national requirements and compliance with the Memorandum of Agreement.
- To consider local, University, national, and international policies and developments that will impact upon the programmes and, where appropriate, for recommendations to be reported to the relevant University body.
- To receive and evaluate from Programme Management Teams proposed programme amendments and special schemes of study for subsequent recommendation to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To consider nominations for external examiners for subsequent recommendation to the University’s Senate.
- To take an overview of recruitment.
- To consider and approve a consistent policy for any APL/APEL recommendations for entry by advanced standing to the programmes, and to monitor the operation of this policy.
- To receive details of staff changes and accompanying CVs with regard to those who contribute to the delivery and assessment of the programmes.
- To receive and consider Annual Programme Evaluations for subsequent report to Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To receive and consider minutes of Programme Management Team meetings.
- To receive an annual report from the Programme Management Teams on their meetings with student representatives.
- To receive and evaluate validation proposal outlines for new programmes or major changes to existing programmes for subsequent recommendation to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee in liaison with the Strategic Alliance Group.
- To receive reports arising from approval and review events and to oversee the implementation of action(s) arising for subsequent report to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To receive reports from the Strategic Alliance Group on any matters at either City or CIC that may impact upon the relationship including any changes in governance and management, relationships with any other institutions and external quality or accreditation review, for subsequent report to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
Composition and Membership
Representatives from University Schools responsible for Foundation Degrees
Julie MacLaren (SHS) (Deputy Chair)
Chak Cheung (SEMS)
Daniel Nankoo (SEMS)
Stephanie West (SHS)
Dean of Valodation
City and Islington College
Helen Lofthouse (CIC Higher Education Quality Manager)