Senate and its sub-committees (academic committees) are the key mechanisms of academic governance at City. Click here for the full Governance and Executive Committee Structure and to see how the various committees relate to each other.
Senate is chaired by the President and has delegated authority from the Council for the enhancement of City’s academic quality and assurance of academic standards across City. Its sub-committees are responsible for key areas of strategy and policy.
The below pages include:
- The terms of reference, which indicate the purpose and remit of each committee.
- Papers considered at each of the committees.
- Guidance for Secretaries, agenda templates and Board of Studies guidance.
- Historical papers and those of superseded committees.
- Academic Governance Committee
- Education and Student Committee (advisory to Deputy President and Provost)
- Educational Quality Committee (commenced February 2018)
- Graduate School Committee (advisory to the Dean of Graduate School)
- University Programme Approval Committee (advisory to Deputy President and Provost)
- Research and Enterprise Committee
- Research Governance and Integrity Committee
- Senate Research Ethics Committee
- Senior Tutor for Research Forum
Collaborative Committees, including Course Boards:
- Collaborative Provision Committee (supersedes Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee and Partnerships Sub-Committee)
- Arts Ed. Course Board
- ESCP Europe Course Board
- GSMD Course Board for Research Degrees
- Hansard Course Board
- INTO Course Board
- Trinity Laban Course Board