City University London is at the leading edge of computer science education, research and enterprise consultancy, with facilities based in the heart of London.
Computing and computer science at City incorporate technological innovation, acclaimed research and engaging education, led by passionate academics. City’s close ties with business and the professions allow for a wealth of work placement and internship opportunities for students, and have resulted in partnerships with Tech City, including Digital Shoreditch and City Unrulyversity.
Six months after graduating 100% of Computing students who do a work placement are in full-time employment. Professional Liaison Unit
Ranked 20th in the UK for Computer Science and Information Systems. QS World Rankings by Subject 2016
A City summer school in 1955 laid the groundwork for the foundation of the British Computer Society. City's history
Graduates enjoy a £41,000 average salary six months after City's MSc Business Systems Analysis & Design course. Destinations of City graduates
Courses and study
City offers a variety of Computing-related courses. Our undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree offerings focus on computer science, with many of the courses developing the link between computer science and business.
Alongside these degree courses, we offer a wide range of evening and weekend courses covering topics from C++ programming to Web Authoring.
See which course is right for you:
- BSc (Hons) Business Computing Systems
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- MSci Computer Science
- MSci Computer Science with Cyber Security
- MSci Computer Science with Games Technology
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science with Games Technology
- MSc Business Systems Analysis and Design
- MSc Computer Games Technology
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Health Informatics
- MSc Human-Computer Interaction Design
- MSc Information Science
- MSc Information Systems and Technology
- MSc Management of Information Security and Risk
- MSc Software Engineering
- Drupal Site Builder: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced
- Management of Information Security and Risk: Assurance Cases
- Management of Information Security and Risk: Executive Development
- Management of Information Security and Risk: Information Leadership
- Management of Information Security and Risk: Information Security Management
- Management of Information Security and Risk: IT Risk and Resilience
- Management of Information Security and Risk: IT Risk Management for effective performance and the prevention of fraud, error and disaster
- Management of Information Security and Risk: Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Management of Information Security and Risk: Socio-technical Systems
- Access VBA Programming
- Advanced Applications Development (.NET) Using C#
- Advanced AutoCAD: 3D Drawing Production
- Advanced Database Concepts with SQL Server
- Advanced Linux Network and Systems Administration
- Advanced Web Interfaces with CSS3 and HTML5
- Applied MS Excel for Business
- ASP.NET: Web Applications with MVC and Entity Frameworks Using C#
- C/C++ - Introduction to Programming Using C Part 1
- C/C++ - Object-Oriented Programming Using C++ | Part 2
- Database Design with SQL Server
- Digital Illustration with Adobe Illustrator
- Essential PL/SQL and Database Administration for Oracle Database
- Financial Engineering in Interest Rates and FX (C++ Applications)
- Financial Modelling in Excel
- Game Development Using Unity 3D: An Introduction to Unity 3D
- Intermediate AutoCAD: Professional Drawing Production and Management
- Introduction to AutoCAD: 2D Drawing Production
- Introduction to Building Information Modelling with Autodesk Revit
- Introduction to Programming with Python
- Introduction to Scala and functional programming
- Introduction to SQL and relational databases with Oracle
- Java 1: Object-Oriented Programming with Java | Part 1
- Java 2: Object-Oriented Programming with Java | Part 2
- Java 3: Building MVC Web Apps using Spring and Hibernate
- Linux Network and System Administration
- MS Access Database
- UNIX Tools and Shell Scripting
- Using Adobe InDesign
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Excel | Part 1
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Excel | Part 2
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Excel, Building Applications | Part 3
- Web Authoring
- Web Programming using PHP/MySQL | Part 1
- Web Programming using PHP/MySQL | Part 2
Zuber's course has prepared him for a role at an International tech company.
I chose City University London because it is one of the leading universities in this area with exceptional research and teaching staff.
City offered Jack a curriculum suited for his interests close to London's Tech City
Meryem studied for a BSc in Information Systems and uses the skills gained on the course in her role as Systems Support Officer at The Royal Household
Our internationally renowned research has a long-standing focus on software systems engineering and information-intensive systems. We develop novel, enduring and experimentally validated concepts, theories and methods with a wide range of industrial partners in the UK and overseas.
- Software and Systems Engineering
- Human-centric Systems
- Information-intensive Systems
News, events and recent research
City participates in Pint of Science festival
Academics from the Department of Psychology, Cass Business School, and the School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering took part...
We're situated in an enviable location, on the doorstep of East London Tech City, the biggest computing technology community outside of Silicon Valley, surrounded by companies with computing needs. We focus on our relationships with partners in industry and the professional world of technology, business, government, arts and heritage.
The map below describes our location in relation to just a handful of the technology and other related businesses in London. Select a marker for more information.