2014 terms and conditions
The following information refers to 2014 year of entry only.
Successful students will be contacted in December 2014 regarding their award. Payment details are consistent with all other years of the scholarship - as seen in the main page.
- Students must be registered full-time at City on 1 December 2014 to be eligible to receive The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship of Academic Excellence.
- Students must be new entrants to Higher Education i.e. have not previously studied all or any part of an Undergraduate degree.
- Students on non NHS courses must be paying £9,000 in tuition fees.
- Students must be commencing the first year of their degree as a new student i.e. those commencing in Year 2 or 3 will not be eligible.
- Scholarships are only awarded in Year 1. Year 0 students are not eligible. If a student is not awarded in Year 1 they will not be awarded in any subsequent year. Year 0 students progressing to Year 1 will not be eligible.
- The Scholarship is available to all undergraduate students assessed as 'Home/EU' by City, University of London who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Students assessed as 'Overseas' by City, University of London and are liable for the 'international' fee are not eligible.
- Students whose fees are reassessed in the middle of their degree or who restart a degree will not be eligible.
- The required qualifications at 'A' level are ABB or above. 'A' levels must have been obtained from an official UK board. General Studies, Critical Thinking and Citizenship Studies 'A' levels are excluded. Two 'A' levels taken in the same subject will not count twice. Modular 'A' levels must have been cashed-in, certified and proven by 15 November 2014.
- Other eligible qualifications and grades are at the discretion of City, University of London. All qualifications are subject to confirmation by 15 November 2014
- Students may be requested to provide additional information in order to confirm their eligibility for a Scholarship. Any additional information requested must be provided to City by 15 November 2014 in order for a student to be considered for a scholarship.
- Students may be eligible for additional scholarships. However, students can only be awarded one of the National Scholarship Programme Award (NSP), The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence or the George Daniels Scholarship. In the event of an applicant being eligible for both the NSP and the Lord Mayor of London Scholarship, the NSP will be awarded. If students are awarded the George Daniels Scholarship they will not be awarded the NSP or the Lord Mayor of London Scholarship. For more information please visit our scholarships web page.
- Scholarships within the School of Health Sciences are limited to 50 applicants and will be awarded to AAA students before AAB and in favour of early applicants.
- Students planning to do an Erasmus year or a placement year in industry will not be entitled to The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence for that year.
- Students who withdraw from City before completion of their studies will be liable to repay to City the full amount received for that year.
- City requires continuous academic excellence to award the Scholarship in subsequent years. You must normally achieve 60% or above in every progressive year to retain the scholarship.
- City, University of London reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence and these will appear on our website.