The City Future Fund Undergraduate Bursaries
The City Future Fund Undergraduate Bursaries are funded by the generous donations from City alumni and friends through the City Future Fund. The bursaries are aimed at new undergraduate students from low household income groups, who have achieved a minimum of ABB in their A ‘Levels. There are four scholarships to be award worth £2,000 each towards living expenses.
- New Home/UK undergraduates;
- Ordinarily resident in England;
- In receipt of a maintenance grant or full NHS means tested bursary;
- Studying for their first undergraduate degree;
- Achieved a minimum of ABB in their A ‘Levels (or equivalent UK qualifications).
Priority will be given to NHS funded students.
- Each bursary is worth £2,000 per academic year for a maximum of three academic years. Bursary renewal is subject to academic performance at the end of each academic year.
- The bursary will be paid in two equal instalments £1,000 in January and £1,000 in April each year towards living expenses.
Application and deadline
There is two parts to the application form: the online application and the supporting documents. Students are required to submit a photocopy of their Student Finance Breakdown 2015/16 or NHS Bursary Entitlement Letter 2015/16. Both the application form and supporting evidence must be submitted on/before Monday 16th November 2015. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications are now closed for the 2015/16 cycle.
Subject to approval this scheme will re-open around August 2016 for the 2016/17 cycle.
Selection and notification
Applications will be assessed on the basis of financial hardship and academic merit. Shortlisting will be conducted by a panel consisting of both academic and professional staff. Short-listed applicants may be required to provide further information and/or attend an interview. The panel’s decision will be final and cannot be appealed. All applicants will be contacted by 29th January 2016. Awardees are expected to attend the University Scholarship Evening in 2016.