The City Undergraduate Mature Student Bursary
The City Undergraduate Mature Student Bursary is intended to provide additional financial support for mature Home/UK undergraduates ordinarily resident in England, from household incomes of up to £42,611. In 2017/18 there are 20 bursaries to be awarded. Students accepted to City through clearing will also be considered for this bursary.
* There are 20 Mature Student Bursaries to be awarded to new undergraduates starting in 2017/18;
* Each bursary is worth £1,000 per year academic year, for a maximum of three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
* New Home/UK undergraduates starting in 2017/18;
* Ordinarily resident in England;
* Residual household income equal to or less than £42,611 a year or less as assessed by Student Finance England (SFE);
* Aged 21 years of age or older on 1 September 2017.
Please see the terms and conditions for further details.
You don't need to complete a separate application form. When you apply for student finance through Student Finance England (SFE) please give your consent to share your financial information with City, all your sponsors must also give their consent to share their financial information with City. You will then be automatically considered for a bursary, provided you meet the eligibility criteria listed above. Your consent to share must be activated on your Student Finance England account before 31st October 2017.
Notification and payment
Students who have been offered a bursary, will be contacted during January 2018 by email. Payments will be made in two equal instalments in January and April each year.
Please note: allocation of these bursaries in the first year is dependent on the selection parameters and the number of bursaries available. This means that not every eligible student will be granted a bursary. Bursaries will be awarded to eligible students from the lowest household incomes. Please see the terms and conditions for further details.