The City Undergraduate Accommodation Bursary
The City Undergraduate Accommodation Bursary is aimed at Home/UK undergraduates ordinarily resident in England, from household incomes of up to £42,611. The bursary will provide financial support towards accommodation costs in City's nominated halls of residence only. In 2016/17 there are 15 bursaries to be awarded. Students accepted to City through clearing will also be considered for this bursary.
Value and duration
* There are 15 accommodation bursaries to be awarded to undergraduates starting in 2016/17;
* Each bursary is worth £2,000 per year academic year, for a maximum of three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
* New Home/UK undergraduates starting in 2016/17;
* Ordinarily resident in England;
* Residual household income equal to or less than £42,611 a year or less as assessed by Student Finance England (SFE);
* Living in a City nominated Halls of Residence from the start of the 2016/17 academic year.
Eligible undergraduates from the following groups will be given priority:
* care leavers (undergraduates who can demonstrate they have lived in care);
* undergraduates with a declared disability;
You don't need to complete a separate application form. When you apply for student finance through Student Finance England (SFE) please give your consent to share your financial information with City, all your sponsors must also give their consent to share their financial information with City. You will then be automatically considered for a bursary, provided you meet the eligibility criteria listed above. Your consent to share must be activated on your Student Finance England account before 31st October 2016.
Notification and payment
Undergraduates who have been offered a bursary, will be contacted during January 2017 by email. Payments will be made directly to the student towards the third term's accommodation fees (around April each year).
Please note: allocation of these bursaries in the first year is dependent on the selection parameters and the number of bursaries available. This means that not every eligible undergraduate will be granted a bursary. Bursaries will be awarded to eligible undergraduates from the lowest household income. Please see the terms and conditions for further details.