The City Undergraduate Accommodation Bursary
The City Undergraduate Accommodation Bursary is aimed at Home/UK undergraduates ordinarily resident in England, from household incomes of up to £42,611. The bursary will provide financial support towards accommodation costs in City's nominated halls of residence only. In 2017/18 there are 15 bursaries to be awarded. Students accepted to City through clearing will also be considered for this bursary.
Value and duration
* There are 15 accommodation bursaries to be awarded to undergraduates starting in 2017/18;
* Each bursary is worth £2,000 per year academic year, for a maximum of three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
* New Home/UK undergraduates starting in 2017/18;
* Ordinarily resident in England;
* Residual household income equal to or less than £42,611 a year or less as assessed by Student Finance England (SFE);
* Living in a City nominated Halls of Residence from the start of the 2017/18 academic year.
Eligible undergraduates from the following groups will be given priority:
* care leavers (who can demonstrate they have lived in care);
* undergraduates with a declared disability through their UCAS application form;
How to apply
Step 1. Apply for Student Finance through Student Finance England (SFE)
Step 2. Provide your household income to Student Finance England, please visit this website for further information.
Step 3. Both you and your sponsors/parents/partner/guardians must give consent to share your household income with City, University of London. Your consent must be activated on your Student Finance England account before/on 31st October 2017. For any queries on giving your consent please contact Student Finance England directly on 0300 100 0607.
Step 4. If you successfully complete steps 1 through to 3, you will then be considered for a scholarship/bursary, provided you meet the eligibility criteria listed above.
Important: you must provide your household income to Student Finance England and your consent to share your household income with City, University of London by 31st October 2017, otherwise you will not be considered for a scholarship/bursary for the full duration of your undergraduate course at City.
Notification and payment
Undergraduates who have been offered a bursary, will be contacted during January 2018 by their City email address. The bursary will be paid in two equal instalments in January and April each year.
Please note: allocation of these bursaries in the first year is dependent on the selection parameters and the number of bursaries available. This means that not every eligible undergraduate will be granted a bursary. Bursaries will be awarded to eligible undergraduates from the lowest household income. Please see the terms and conditions for further details.