Terms and conditions (2016/17 entry)
These terms and conditions relate to The City Undergraduate Care Leavers Bursary, The City Undergraduate Accommodation Bursary and The City Undergraduate Mature Student Bursary.
- Eligible students must be fully registered at City by 31 October 2016.
- Students must be new entrants to Higher Education, i.e. have not previously studied part or all of an undergraduate degree programme.
- Students must be commencing the first year of their degree as a new student i.e. those commencing in Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 are not eligible.
- The award is available to eligible Home/UK undergraduate students who are ordinarily resident in England. Students who are ordinarily resident in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland are not eligible.
- Students whose tuition fees are reassessed in the middle of their degree or who restart a degree will not be eligible.
- Students may be eligible for additional awards.
- Students must be fully enrolled to receive the bursary, and must be fully enrolled in subsequent years, and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- The number of bursaries is limited and we cannot guarantee that every student who meets the eligibility criteria will receive a bursary.
- The following categories of students are not eligible for bursaries:
- students in receipt of the Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence (with the exception of The City Undergraduate Care Leavers Bursary);
- NHS-funded students;
- students directly continuing from one course to another (for example from foundation degree or HND on to the final year of an honours degree);
- students transferring in from another institution;
- students undertaking a postgraduate qualification;
- part-time students studying at less than 25 per cent intensity of the full-time equivalent course;
- any other students whose fees are paid or part-paid through a sponsorship arrangement.