About short courses
Ideally positioned between the City, Shoreditch (home to London’s ‘Tech City’) and the West End, City, University of London is one of the most reputable providers of open-access short evening and weekend education programme in the capital.
We offer a wide variety of short courses, training and development programmes, delivered by expert practitioners and informed by our own ongoing research.
Our courses cater for individual learners as well as employers seeking staff development opportunities. For employers we offer both open-access courses and advanced tailor-made programmes designed to meet specific organisational needs.
Why choose City?
- We have a commitment to academic excellence and a focus on business and the professions
- Fantastic central London location, close to mainline and London Underground train stations
- Excellent range of courses that are flexible, targeted, competitively priced and offering up-to-date skills and knowledge.
You can choose from over a hundred evening and weekend short courses in subjects across the arts, business, creative industries, foreign languages, IT, law, translation and writing. Many subjects are taught at more than one level, from introductory to advanced, allowing you to continue your progress over a period of several terms if you wish.
Most courses consist of 10 two-hour classes held once a week. Some courses include weekend visits or take place entirely at weekends. There is no half term for short courses held at City, University of London. In the Summer Term (Term 3), where course dates fall on a Bank Holiday, alternative arrangements are made.
Classes are held at the main City campus at Northampton Square unless otherwise specified. You will receive details of the location of your class before the start of your course.
The fees for each course are specified in the course details. Fees are payable in full in advance.
We take all course bookings on a first-come, first-served basis and once a course is full it will be closed and applicants advised of the next available course. The most popular courses get filled extremely quickly so to avoid disappointment book as early as you can and ideally no later than 10 working days before the start of the course.
Very occasionally classes fail to attract a minimum number of students and will usually be cancelled a few days before the start date. We do try and avoid this if at all possible, as it disappoints those students who have registered. Early booking helps this too.
City, University of London offers you:
- courses from an institution with an international reputation for teaching and research
- access to cutting-edge knowledge and modern learning facilities
- an ideal location close to Angel, Farringdon, Old Street and Barbican stations
- classes held in the evenings and at the weekends to fit in with your busy lives
- the chance to learn alongside a diverse and highly-motivated peer group
- teaching from practitioners with first-hand experience in their fields
Term Dates 2016-2017:
Term 1 (Autumn term):
3rd October 2016 to 5th December 2016
Term 2 (Spring term):
16th January 2017 to 20th March 2017
Term 3 (Summer term):
8th May 2017 to 10th July 2017