Student life in London
However you like to spend your free time, student life at City offers a huge range of opportunities.
- Explore the local area. City University London is in Islington, an area of central London that is known for its great cafés, bars and restaurants, theatres and arts venues.
- Live in central London. We are just a few Underground stops away from London's West End, the British Library and many free museums.
- Go shopping. Islington is known for its creative, artisan shops. Head further afield and explore London's markets and the shopping areas of Oxford Street and Covent Garden.
- Go out. We are in the heart of the Capital, so you won't have to go far to find new club nights, the latest films, and highly-rated dance, theatre, cabaret and comedy shows.
- Practise your faith. The Chaplaincy and Faith Advisory Team at City offers support to everyone, of all faiths and none, and is provided to all members of the University.
- Sport at City. The Students' Union organises a range of sporting activities and our sport and fitness specialists can advise you on wellbeing and sports facilities nearby. We also have a new sport centre, CitySport based on Goswell Road.
- Clubs and societies. We have clubs for engineers, entrepreneurs, chess lovers, electronic music enthusiasts and Russian speakers, among many others. If there's not an existing club or society for your hobby, you'll get help to set up your own.
- Volunteering. Make a difference to someone else's life and improve your own employability by volunteering with one of our partner organisations.