Volunteering is an excellent way to get involved in the local community, make new friends, have fun and be a part of London outside of your student life.
Planting bulbs for the elderly, helping out at a City farm or walking primary school students through the educational journey from school to university - all one-off volunteering opportunities offered to City students last year.
No matter how much time you can commit, there are volunteering opportunities to fit around your studies taking place across London, helping you to become a part of this vibrant and exciting city.
You may be interested in volunteering, but you have never done any before and do not want to over commit...
- 5-minute volunteering enables you to volunteer in the time it takes to get a coffee at Costa
- e-volunteering allows you to volunteer from the comfort of your own home
- One-off opportunities - through giving a morning, afternoon or whole day you can make a noticeable difference without a regular commitment.
You are looking at your timetable and thinking 'I would like to give something back'...
- Regular volunteering - The City Volunteering website has hundreds of opportunities to volunteer across London - find one that matches your availability and apply online
- Buddy Scheme - 2nd and 3rd year students offer non-academic support to new students to help them settle in to life and study at City
- Enhance your employability through volunteering - reflect on your previous volunteering experience and learn how to communicate this to employers effectively.
You have seen a need in the community and you want to be involved in meeting that need, you have the time, commitment and energy to do so...
- Community Project Startup Fund - this community leadership programme helps you to meet the need you have identified by providing training, coaching and help with initial startup costs
- Student-led Steering Committee - help to influence the direction of volunteering at City.
If you complete more than ten hours of volunteering in any one academic year, we will recognise this through our City Volunteering Award. If your volunteering is exceptional you could win one of our Volunteering England Gold Awards for Achievement, Dedication or Leadership.