Submission of research proposals for external funding and financial management of research
The Research Support Service team in Research & Enterprise and the Research Finance team in Finance are available to provide advice on applying for external funding for research proposals and on the financial management of research. Good research practice in this regard includes:
- Integrity in submitting research proposals; principal investigators should take all reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy and completeness of information which is contained in applications for funding.
- Integrity in applying for public or private sources of funding and probity in using the funds only for the purposes for which they are given.
- The strict adherence to the best contemporary legal, administrative and ethical practices in research which involves human or animal subjects.
- Compliance with the requirements of relevant codes of conduct (or equivalent) of external bodies where appropriate.
- Compliance with the terms and conditions of any research grant or contract awarded.
- Compliance with City regulations for procurement of equipment and for the recruitment of staff funded by a research project, and cooperation with any monitoring or audit of finances relating to research projects.
- Reporting back of results and activities both to the funding body and City.