Dr Victoria Schoen
- Dr Victoria Schoen
- +44 (0)20 7040 8799
Victoria trained as an agricultural economist and has worked more widely in the fields of agri-food marketing and value chain analysis for various academic, UN, charitable and commercial organisations. She completed her PhD on the impact of agricultural policy change on households in Jordan before moving to an EU Framework Project at University College London on farm diversification. She has worked at home and overseas on a number of food-related consultancy projects including a review of the evidence on the impact of a shift to more healthy diets in the UK (for DEFRA) and a scoping study for the design of a tool for monitoring environmental impact in agri-food value chains (for UNIDO). She is also an online tutor for SOAS in research methods and still undertakes consultancy work related to the objectives of the Food Research Collaboration.
BSc Agricultural Economics, University College Wales, Aberystwyth
MSc Agricultural Economics (Marketing) Wye College, University of London
PhD Agricultural Economics, Wye College, University of London
Victoria works as a Research Fellow at the Food Research Collaboration in the Centre for Food Policy at City University.
- Lang, T.M. and Schoen, V. (2016). Food, the UK and the EU: Brexit or Bremain? London: Food Research Collaboration.
- Bailey, A., Lang, T.M. and Schoen, V. (2016). Does the CAP still fit? London: Food Research Collaboration.
- Schoen, V., Hashem, K., McDonald, L., Parker, J., Savelyeva, A. and Lang, T. (2015). Does Sugar Pass the Environmental and Social Test? London: Food Research Collaboration. ISBN 978-1-903957-05-9.
- Schoen, V. and Lang, T. (2015). Should the UK be concerned about sugar? London: Food Research Collaboration.
- Schoen, V. and Lang, T. (2014). UK Food Prices: cooling or bubbling? London: Food Research Collaboration.
- Lang, T.M. and Schoen, V. Horticulture in the UK: potential for meeting dietary guideline demands. London: Food Research Collaboration. ISBN 978-1-903957-15-8.