Dr Renata Pires-Yfantouda
- Dr Renata Pires-Yfantouda
- +44 (0)20 7040 3306
Dr Pires-Yfantouda obtained her BSc at Middlesex University, her MSc in Health Psychology at the University of Bath and her Health DPsych at City University London. She studied her Clinical DPsych at Royal Holloway, University of London and is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and a Chartered Health Psychologist.
Dr Pires-Yfantouda has experience working as an applied clinical and health psychologist in mental health, neuro-rehabilitation and clinical health settings.
Dr Pires-Yfantouda's research interests include behaviour change, particularly in relation to addictions (smoking cessation, drugs and alcohol), and acquired brain injury and chronic disease management (diabetes, chronic pain, chronic fatigue).
She is interested in the use of motivational interviewing and other types of therapy (including cognitive behaviour therapy) in relation to health behaviours and addictions.
She has a particular interest in adjustment to physical health difficulties across the lifespan.
- Pires-Yfantoudas, R. (2010). Smoking Cessation Interventions. ISBN 978-3-639-30900-3.
- Sykes, C. and Pires-Yfantouda, R. Sykes, C. & Pires-Yfantouda., R. (2016). Health Psychology Supervision. In Lane, D., M. Watts & S. Corrie (Eds.). Supervision in the Psychological Professions: Building your own personalised model. Open University (in press). In Watts, M., Lane, D. and Corrie, S. (Eds.), Supervision in the Psychological Professions: Building your own personalised model. London: UK: Open University Press.
- Pires-Yfantouda, R. and Kalsi, P. (2013). A qualitative exploration of the stress phenomena within public health. 11-13 September, Brighton: UK.
- Pires-Yfantouda, R. and Absalom, G. (2013). Men and smoking: An exploration of factors influencing the maintenance of smoking and smoking cessation for gay and straight men. Division of Health Psychology Conference 11-13 September.
- Pires-Yfantouda, R. and Chilton, R. A Model of Adaptation and Self-Management for Type 1 Diabetes. United Kingdom Behavioural Medicine International Conference (UKBM). Edinburgh: Scotland..
- Pires-Yfantouda, R. and Kalsi, P. A Qualitative Exploration of the Stress Phenomena within Public Health: Future Directions. , International PROMISE Conference Middlesex University 2012.
- Pires-Yfantouda, R. and Kalsi, P. A Qualitative Exploration of the Stress Phenomena within Public Health. Training Professionals in Mental Health International Conference Middlesex University: UK..
- Pires-Yfantouda, R., Brett, C. and Sykes, C. Interventions to Increase Engagement in Neurorehabilitation in Adults with Acquired Brain Injury: A Systematic Review. 2015 Division of Health Psychology Annual Conference. London: UK..
- Brett, C.E., Sykes, C. and Pires-Yfantouda, R. (2015). Interventions to increase engagement with rehabilitation in adults with acquired brain injury: A systematic review. Neuropsychological Rehabilitation . doi:10.1080/09602011.2015.1090459.
- Wong, D., Walker, D., Cove, J. and Pires-Yfantouda, R. (2015). Supporting patients better on self-care haemodialysis: a survey. Journal of Renal Nursing, 7(2), pp. 64–72. doi:10.12968/jorn.2015.7.2.64.
- Chilton, R. and Pires-Yfantouda, R. (2015). Understanding adolescent type 1 diabetes self-management as an adaptive process: A grounded theory approach. Psychology and Health, 30(12), pp. 1486–1504. doi:10.1080/08870446.2015.1062482.
- Pires-Yfantouda, R., Absalom, G. and Clemens, F. (2013). Smoking cessation interventions for COPD: a review of the literature. Respir Care, 58(11), pp. 1955–1962. doi:10.4187/respcare.01923.
- Pires-Yfantouda, R. and Evangeli, M, (2012). The Role of Psychosocial Factors in Wellbeing and Self-Care in Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes. , 1(1), pp. 1–6.
- Pires-Yfantouda, R. and Sykes, C. (2012). A Group Intervention or Smoking Cessation: The Impact of a Group Cohesion Strategy on Attendance and Outcome. International Journal of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, 2(2), pp. 16–21. doi:10.5923/j.ijpbs.20120202.03.
- Chilton, R., Pires-Yfantouda, R. and Wylie, M. (2012). A systematic review of motivational interviewing within musculoskeletal health. Psychol Health Med, 17(4), pp. 392–407. doi:10.1080/13548506.2011.635661.
- Editor - Journal of Psychotherapy and Psychological Disorders.
- A Qualitative Exploration of the Stress Phenomena within Public Health. Middlesex University (2012).
Description: Training Mental Health Professionals in Mental Health Promotion PROMISE CONFERENCE
- A Model for the Adaption and Self-Management of Type 1 Diabetes During Adolescence. Stirling (2011).
Description: UKSBM - UK society for behavioural medicine annual conference