Dr Leonie Fleischmann
- Dr Leonie Fleischmann
- +44 (0) 207 040 0463
Dr Fleischmann joined the Department as a lecturer in September 2016, having completed her PhD in the Department in December 2015.
Dr Fleischmann's work focuses on the role of civil society and social movements in conflict and peace building, with a focus on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. She applies social movement theory to civil society activism in order to understand how it transforms and the influence it can have.
Prior to joining City, Dr Fleischmann taught in the fields of International Politics and International Development at SOAS, King's College London and the University of Roehampton.
- PhD, City University London, London, London, United Kingdom
- MA International Relations, King's College London, London, London, United Kingdom
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, City University London, London, London, United Kingdom
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- The role of civil society in conflict
- Social Movement Theory
- Human Rights activism
- Transformation of Israeli Peace Activism
- Democratic activism and human rights in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Religion, diaspora and conflict
- Fleischmann, L. (2017). Book Review: Wrapped in The Flag of Israel: Mizrahi Single Mothers and Bureaucratic Torture. Peace and Change, 42(1), pp. 162–164. doi:10.1111/pech.12223.
- Fleischmann, L. (2016). Beyond Paralysis: The Reframing of Israeli Peace Activism Since the Second Intifada. Peace & Change, 41(3), pp. 354–385. doi:10.1111/pech.12162.
Programme Director, MA International Politics and Human Rigthts
IP3025 Global Ethics
IPM117 Global Ethics
IMP118 Human Rights and the Transformation of World Politics
SAM005 Qualitative Research Methods