Dr Katerina Bourazeri
Dr Katerina Bourazeri received her PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Imperial College London. She joined City, University of London as a Research Fellow in 2017. She holds a Masters degree in Internet and Wireless Computing from York University and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science from University of Piraeus.
Dr Bourazeri's research interests include human-computer interaction, serious games, user interfaces, 3D displays, augmented and virtual reality. At Imperial College London, she was involved at the EPSRC-funded APS (Autonomic Power System) Research Project, and she developed a serious game, the Social Mpower, to leverage collective awareness in support of grid operations, emphasising on the visualisation of grid operations, user roles, animated smart meters and institutional design. She also designed and developed the EnCity serious game, which empowers and includes young people with Down’s syndrome into our society.
Currently, she is working on the EPSRC-funded SCAMPI (Self-Care Advice, Monitoring, Planning and Intervention) Research Project exploring new forms of computerised toolkit that will allow someone living in their own home with a chronic condition such as dementia and/or Parkinson's, together with their relatives and carers to self-manage both their care of the condition and life with it.
- PhD Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- MSc Electronic Engineering, University of York, United Kingdom
- BSc Computer Science, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Research Fellow, City, University of London, Mar 2017 – present
- Research Associate, Coventry University, Feb 2016 – Feb 2017
- Bourazeri, A., Almajano, P., Rodriguez, I. and Lopez-Sanchez, M. (2014). Assistive awareness in smartgrids. In Pitt, J. (Ed.), Computer After Me (pp. 117–130). IC Press.
- Pitt, J., Busquets, D., Bourazeri, A. and Petruzzi, P. (2014). Collective Intelligence and Algorithmic Governance of Socio-Technical Systems. Social Collective Intelligence (pp. 31–50). Springer International Publishing.
- Bourazeri, A., Bellamy-Wood, T. and Arnab, S. (2017). EnCity: A Serious Game for Empowering Young People with Down’s Syndrome. International Conference on Serious Games and Applications for Health Perth, Australia.
- Bourazeri, A., Pitt, J. and Arnab, S. (2016). Social Mpower: An Educational Game for Energy Efficiency. In International Conference on Serious Games, Interaction and Simulation .
- Clarke, S., Arnab, S., Morini, L., Wood, O., Green, K., Masters, A. and Bourazeri, A. (2016). EscapED: A Framework for Creating Live-Action, Interactive Games for Higher/Further Education Learning and Soft Skills Development. European Conference on Games Based Learning 2016 .
- Bourazeri, A. and Pitt, J. (2014). An agent-based serious game for decentralised community energy systems. .
- Bourazeri, A. and Pitt, J. (2014). A Game-Based Approach for Collective Action in Self-Organising Socio-technical Systems. .
- Bourazeri, A. and Pitt, J. (2014). Social Mpower: A Serious Game for Self-Organisation in Socio-technical Systems. .
- Bourazeri, A. and Pitt, J. (2014). Collective awareness for collective action in socio-technical systems. .
- Bourazeri, A. and Pitt, J. (2013). Serious game design for inclusivity and empowerment in smartgrids. First International Workshop on Intelligent Digital Games for Empowerment and Inclusion .
- Bourazeri, A., Pitt, J., Almajano, P., Rodríguez, I. and Lopez-Sanchez, M. (2012). Meet the meter: Visualising smartgrids using self-organising electronic institutions and serious games. .
- Pitt, J., Diaconescu, A. and Bourazeri, A. Democratisation of the SmartGrid and the Active Participation of Prosumers. IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE 2017) .
- Pitt, J., Bourazeri, A., Nowak, A., Roszczynska-Kurasinska, M., Rychwalska, A., Rodriguez Santiago, I., Lopez Sanchez, M., Florea, M. and Sanduleac, M. (2013). Transforming big data into collective awareness. Computer, 46(6), pp. 40–45. doi:10.1109/MC.2013.153.