Professor George Brock
- Professor George Brock
- +44 (0)20 7040 3241
George Brock is a Professor of Journalism (part-time) at City University London and was Head of Journalism there 2009-14. He has written, broadcast and lectured all over the world on journalism with particular focus on digital disruption and the effects on journalism and journalists. He advises media companies on strategy. He developed and runs a short course on leadership and strategy in the news media which is delivered jointly by the Cass Business School and the Journalism Department at City University.
He was a reporter and editor on The Observer and on The Times 1981-2009. At The Times he was Foreign Editor, Managing Editor and Saturday Editor; he reported on Europe and the EU for The Times from Brussels 1991-95. He chaired the World Editors Forum for four years and sat on the board of the International Press Institute, chairing the IPI’s British section. He is a trustee of the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and on the editorial advisory committee of The Conversation UK. He is associate editor of thebrowser.com. In 2013 he published Out of Print: Newspapers, Journalism and the Business of News in the Digital Age (Kogan Page).
- Brock, G. (2015). BREXIT How Britain will leave Europe. TLS-THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT, (5846), pp. 7–7.
- Brock, G. (2013). RETHINKING JOURNALISM Trust and participation in a transformed news landscape. TLS-THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT, (5734), pp. 23–24.
- Brock, G. (2013). REPORT OF AN INQUIRY INTO THE CULTURE, PRACTICES AND ETHICS OF THE PRESS. TLS-THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT, (5734), pp. 23–24.
- Brock, G. (2013). POST-INDUSTRIAL JOURNALISM Adapting to the present. TLS-THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT, (5734), pp. 23–24.
- Brock, G. (2012). Will the Last Reporter Please Turn Out the Lights: the collapse of journalism and what can be done to fix it. JOURNALISM STUDIES, 13(4), pp. 657–658. doi:10.1080/1461670X.2012.704217.
- Brock, G. (2012). DIARIES, Vol II, 1992-1997. TLS-THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT, (5721), pp. 24–24.
- Brock, G. (2012). The Leveson Inquiry: There's a bargain to be struck over media freedom and regulation. Journalism, 13(4), pp. 519–528. doi:10.1177/1464884912443495.
- Brock, G. (2011). Freedom fighter among the beehives. TLS, (5665), pp. 13–13.
- Brock, G. (2011). THE UNAUTHORISED AUTOBIOGRAPHY. TLS-THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT, (5665), pp. 13–13.
- Brock, G. (2009). FACTS ARE SUBVERSIVE Political writing from a decade without a name. TLS-THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT, (5568-9), pp. 12–12.