- Anne Manning
- +44 (0)20 7040 5768
Anne Manning is a registered adult nurse with an orthopaedic nursing speciality qualification who joined the St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery in 1987 and then subsequently City University in 1995 when the school was incorporated.
Anne initially worked at St Thomas's Hospital in an orthopaedic specialist area before becoming qualified as a Registered Clinical Nurse Teacher. She moved to the St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery and undertook a Diploma in Nurse Education and qualified as a Registered Nurse Tutor. Following completion of an MSc in Nursing at Brunel University Anne became a Senior Lecturer with the responsibility of Programme Manager for the Common Foundation Programme of the Undergraduate RN/BSc and Diploma in Nursing Adult, Child and Mental Health.
Following a period of time undertaking this role and then fulfilling the lead within the Adult Nursing Department for pre-registration nursing she became the theme leader for the Professional Nursing & Midwifery Knowledge Theme in the 2006 Curriculum development. Her teaching interests span across pre-registration and post registration courses and she has experience in running pre-registration and post registration modules. This includes involvement, as team facilitator, in the planning and implementing of a teaching and learning research study that focused on reflection. This study was published in 2009. Anne currently the admissions tutor for the BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing Programme. She also continues with the role of Module Leader for NM 3001 on BSc (Hons) Nursing and Midwifery in addition to undertaking the role of Joint Module Leader for HSM001 within the 2012 RN/Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing programme.
MSc Nursing; Dip Nursing (Lon); Dip Nurse Education (Lon); ONC; RN
- MSc Nursing 1995
- Diploma in Nurse Education (Lon) 1989
- Diploma in Nursing (Lon) 1987
- JBNS Orthopaedic Nursing Certificate 1980
- Registered General Nurse 1978
Administrative roles/Clinical activity
- Admissions Tutor for Adult Pre-registration Nursing Programmes
- Link Lecturer for 6 clinical areas at Homerton University Foundation NHS Trust including 3 surgical units, a Stroke Rehabilitation Unit, a Neurological Rehabilitation Unit and an Elderly Care Admission Unit.
- Link Lecturer for BUPA Meadbank Care Home, Battersea and Mary Seacole Nursing Home.
- Link Lecturer for Leonard Cheshire Disability Centre, Battersea
Memberships of professional bodies
- Royal College of Nursing
- Nursing & Midwifery Council
- Higher Education Academy
- Manning, A., Cronin, P., Monaghan, A. and Rawlings-Anderson, K. (2009). Supporting students in practice: An exploration of reflective groups as a means of support. Nurse Education in Practice, 9(3), pp. 176–183. doi:10.1016/j.nepr.2008.07.001.
- Manning, A., Cronin, P., Monaghan, M. and Rawlings-Anderson, K. (2009). Supporing students in practice: An exploration of reflective groups as a means of support. Nurse Education in Practice, 9, pp. 176–183.
Modules taught on
- Professional Nursing & Midwifery Knowledge Theme Leader 2006/2009 RN/BSc (Hons) Nursing and Midwifery Programme
- Joint Module Leader for the HSM001 Relationship Centred Care and Concepts of Biology for Health Module on the 2012 RN/Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing programme
- Module Leader for the NM 3001 Contemporary Nursing & Midwifery Module on the BSc (Hons) Nursing Programme for post-registration nurses
- Teach on the NM 2728/3710 and NM 2731/3713 Modules on the 2006/2009 RN/BSc (Hons) and Diploma in Nursing programme
- Teach on the HSM001 and HSM101 Engaging in Practice Modules on the 2012 RN/Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing programme
- Teach on the HS 1011 Foundations in Relationship Centred Care, HS 1002 Simulated Practice and the HS 1021 Developing Relationship Centred Care in Professional Practice on the 2012 RN/BSc (Hons) Nursing Programme
- Teach on the NMM110 Independent Non-Medical Prescribing Module