Book Study Rooms
Bookable study rooms
The University Library provides a variety of bookable group study rooms, some with presentation pods, for groups of between 6 and 12 students to use for collaborative work.
Group study rooms
There are 10 Group Study Rooms on level 3 of the University Library.
- Rooms 3A, 3F, 3G, 3H, 3J and 3K are equipped with presentation pods to help prepare group presentations
- Rooms 3B, 3C, 3D and 3E are intended for group discussion and seminar work. These rooms are equipped with whiteboards. Whiteboard pend can be borrowed from the service desk on level 2. Please do not use any other writing utensils on the whiteboards.
- Maximum booking period of 2 hours at one time.
The presentation pods provide:
- Plasma screen to practice presentation with group colleagues
- Network access on PC with wide range of software
- USB port to plug in your own device or laptop
Assistive Technology Rooms
Assistive technology rooms must be booked through the library web catalogue using your IT account username and password.
These rooms are available for students with ID cards set with swipe access permission and can be booked for a maximum of 4 hours per person per day.
Rooms are equipped with the following software: Dragon, JAWS, ZoomText, Kurzweil, Supernova, TextHelp and Inspiration. A scanner is provided for use with the assistive software packages. For further information see our Guide to Library Services for Additional Needs.