Your study environment
All users are expected to familiarise themselves with the Library Services Code of Conduct. Key points are summarised below:
To ensure your safety and security when in the Library, CCTV is in operation and routine patrols are undertaken. Users are reminded to:
- Carry your University ID card
- Keep valuables with you. Unattended items may be removed.
- Be vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour
- Follow instructions given by staff in an emergency and learn the escape routes.
Food and drink
- Bottled drinks may be consumed throughout the Library
- Cold snacks and hot drinks may be consumed in designated areas in some libraries. These areas are clearly signposted
- Hot food is prohibited throughout the Library.
- Silence must be observed in all silent study areas
- Where group study space is provided, conversations must be kept at as low a level as possible
- Conversation must be kept at as low a level as possible within the PC labs.
- Mobile phones must be set to silent mode before entering any library area
- Mobile phones must be set to silent mode when using silent study areas. It is prohibited to make or receive calls in these areas
- Mobile phone calls are permitted in group study areas of the University Library provided they do not cause disturbance to other library users.
The full version of the Library Services Code of Conduct is available.