Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I access my Library account?
- How do I join the Library?
- What should I do if I have lost my Library card?
- Where can we do group work? How do I book a group study room?
- How do I find my way around the libraries?
- Are there any silent study areas in the Libraries?
- Are the libraries open at weekends?
- Where are the libraries?
- How do I get books from other City University Library sites sent to my home library?
- How do I borrow books?
- How do I borrow books from the short loan collection?
- What are the fines for late return?
- How many books can I borrow?
- When I try to renew my loan I am not able to do so. Why?
- Do I have to pay my fine all in one go?
- How do I renew my books?
- How do I request a book which is currently out on loan?
- Where do I return my books? Can I return them to any library?
- How do I use the self-service machines and where can I find them?
- What is a short loan?
- How do I access theses?
- Can I access resources from off campus?
- How do I find if a particular item is available in the digital course readings collection?
- What electronic resources are available to me?
- How do I find past exam papers?
- How do I find books?
- How do I find journals?
Online resources and journals
- How do I access Refworks?
- How do I access databases and electronic resources?
- How do I get hold of a journal article if City University doesn't have a subscription to the journal in question?
- How do I find electronic journal articles?
- Do I need a password to access electronic resources?
Printing and photocopying
- Where can I print to A3?
- Where can I add money to my print and photocopy account?
- Where can I bind my undergraduate dissertation?
- Where is the colour printer?
- How do I use the photocopiers?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I find my IT username and password? I have forgotten it.
- Now that I have completed my course, can you tell me if there is a career adviser I can go to?
- How do I get help with my references and citations? How do I cite material that I have used?
- How do I contact my Subject Librarian?
- Where can I get support on writing essays?
- How do I find information on a particular subject?
- Does the Library run training courses?
- Who/where do I ask if I need help?
- How do I access other university libraries?
- How do I borrow from other libraries?
- How do I get hold of a book which the Library doesn't have in stock?
- Where can I get second-hand books from?