We have developed a range of English Common Law programmes for International delegates. The programmes are delivered over two-four weeks at our teaching facilities located in the heart of legal London.
Who is this for?
- Law firms
- Academic Institutions interested in sending their students to the UK for 1-4 weeks as part of their study
- Agents organising foreign trips for groups of lawyers
- Business schools and Law schools offering a module in International Law as part of their MA
- Lawyers and students who have a need to learn how arbitration in the UK operates
Students will study bespoke short courses including:
- Contract law
- Civil Litigation
- Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Pleadings & Remedies
- Company Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Hosted at The City Law School's prestigious teaching facilities in the heart of Gray's Inn in London's legal district and within easy reach of all major attractions, students will also have the option to take part in additional activities such as:
- Visit to The Royal Courts of Justice
- Walking tour of legal London and the financial district
- Visit to a leading London law firm
- Dinner at one of the prestigious Inns of Court
- Visit to Barristers' chambers
Mode of delivery
The course is interactive and involves discussion and exercises at every stage. It includes tutor led discussions, group and case study work.
A minimum of five days minimum or up to six weeks maximum depending on preference. Flexible delivery is also possible, for example the course can be for ten days tutoring spread over five weeks.
On successful completion of the course (attendance and passing an assessment) the students will be given a certificate of completion from City University London.
London is a global centre for commercial dispute resolution. The City Law School (part of City University London) has provided unique and specially tailored short courses for international business students and law students, as well as for qualified lawyers.
The programmes will give delegates an essential insight into the English legal system, and can cover elements of commercial law and dispute resolution according to individual requirements.
Delegates will study at The City Law School's prestigious teaching facilities in the heart of Gray's Inn in London's legal district. Participants will receive tuition from some of London's leading law teachers and have opportunities to network with members of the English legal profession.
Our international clients include:
- The Kuwait Council of Ministers (Department of Legal Advice & Legislation)
- Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE in Spain)
- The South African Legal Aid Board
- ESCP-EAP European School of Management (France)
- The European Commission in Brussels
- Indonesian and Australian Expert Witnesses
The City Law School have also regularly delivered a summer school programme to students from Southern University Louisiana (USA) covering Private International Law, International Criminal Law, European Law and Comparative Constitutional Law.
We hosted the first International Conference on Practising Law in 2010 attracting papers and presentations from a multi-national group of speakers including from Israel, South Africa, USA, Australia and Nepal.
Our UK client base includes many of the top 100 city law firms such as: Allen & Overy, Ashurst, Slaughter & May, Travers Smith and Wragge & Co plus the Crown Prosecution Service, the Ministry of Justice (Office for Criminal Justice Reform), numerous Police forces, PricewaterhouseCoopers and the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
We also run an extensive range of in-house CPD courses that can be tailored to meet the specific training needs of your organisation.
To find out more about the personalised in-house training we can offer to your organisation, please call +44 (0)20 7400 3618 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.