This refresher course is best delivered in a series of interactive seminars with case studies to discuss. However, it can also be delivered as a conventional lecture if you prefer. The exact subject matter will depend on your needs and the number of seminars you want.
- Ingredients of a claim for damages for breach of contract
- What can defeat or limit a claim in contract - repudiation, remoteness, causation, mitigation, exclusion clauses etc
- Construction of contractual terms
- Ingredients of a claim for damages for negligence
- What can defeat or limit a claim in negligence - vicarious liability, contributory negligence, remoteness, causation, mitigation etc
- Concurrent liability in contract and negligence - limitation
- Ingredients of a claim for misrepresentation
- Different causes of action and remedies for misrepresentation
- What can defeat or limit a claim in misrepresentation - contributory negligence, remoteness, causation, mitigation etc
- The assessment and quantification of damages
- Interest on damages
- Learning a practical, problem solving approach, using case studies
- Refreshing your memory about the essential aspects of contract, tort and misrepresentation
All our courses can be tailored to meet your needs. Please contact us about bespoke training.