Sidley Austin International Commercial Law Internship
Major International Commercial Law firm Sidley Austin LLP launched its International Commercial Law Internship at The City Law School in 2006 and has renewed it for 2010/2011.
Professor Alan Riley, Director of the LLM Programme, said, "The internship give the winning student the opportunity to blend the knowledge that he or she develops on our International Commercial Law LLM courses with first-rate practical commercial experience at one of the world's top law firms."
Stephen Kinsella, partner in the Brussels office of Sidley Austin, said "We are delighted to work with The City Law School to establish this internship."
Under the terms of the internship, students taking International Cartels, Substantive EU Competition Law, Antitrust in a Global Context or World Trade will be invited to compete for the internship. The competition will be by essay and by interview. The Internship will take place from May to July inclusive. The City Law School have agreed an automatic dissertation extension of two months for the winner of the internship.
Sidley Austin is one of the world's largest law firms with over 1,600 lawyers and 15 offices in North America, Europe and Asia.
Details of the Internship
- The internship will take place May to July in the Sidley Brussels Office.
- Selection will be on the basis of an essay plus interview of the students who achieve the top essay mark in each of the relevant courses. The essay will be marked in March and the interviews will take place in late March/early April.
- The internship will be on offer to students taking the commercial law options in World Trade Law, Substantive EU Competition Law, Antitrust in a Global Context & International Cartels. The marked essays will be the assessed essays from each of the courses.
- Sidley reserves the right not to award the internship, and if awarded students are responsible for all visa requirements.
- If awarded the winning student will be granted an automatic two month extension to his/her LLM dissertation deadline by The City Law School.
- Sidley Austin will offer a bourse of €5000 for the three month internship.