International at City

  1. International Students
  2. International Partnerships
  1. Visa and Immigration Advice
  2. Tier 4 (General) Student Visas
    1. Applying for a Tier 4 visa outside the UK
    2. Applying for a Tier 4 visa in the UK
    3. Current Tier 4 Students
    4. New Tier 4 Students
    5. Lost Passports and Visas

Tier 4 General Student Visa

If you are not from the European Economic Area / Switzerland and you are coming to study a full time course for 6 months or more at City University London, you will need to apply for a Tier 4 General Student visa.

Applying for a Tier 4 Student visa should be fairly straightforward as long as you prepare carefully. It is important that you provide original academic documents and formal, original financial evidence to show that you have held the necessary funds for the required period.

The International Student Advice team will do whatever we can to help you through the visa application process but we cannot usually intervene once supporting documents have been submitted to the Home Office.

If you have successfully obtained a Tier 4 student visa, please find some useful information on our Pre-Arrival Guide page.