Admission Price: Free to attend, please register
Series: Green City Week 2014
An audio recording of this event can be found on the University's SoundCloud account.
Issues such as obesity, poor diets, intensive farming and loss of natural habitat have long been issues warranting UK government and societal attention. This debate brings together representatives from the Square Meal collaboration, a collective of 10 organisations who have published a report calling for the UK government to 'fix our broken food system'.
Representatives from five of the organisations, RSPB, Friends of the Earth, the Soil Association, Eating Better and the Food Research Collaboration (based here at City) will be joined by other leading experts in public health and sustainability to discuss the report and the issues it seeks to address.
- Tim Lang, Professor of Food Policy, City University London and Chair of the Food Research Collaboration
- Peter Melchett, Policy Director of the Soil Association
- Dr Abi Burns, Senior Policy Officer at RSPB
- Sue Dibb, Co-Ordinator of the Eating Better Alliance
- Vicki Hird, Senior Campaigner, Land Use, Food and Water Security Programme, Friends of the Earth
- Dr Jane Dixon, Senior Fellow, National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, Australian National University
- Barbara Crowther, Director of Policy and Public Affairs at the Fairtrade Foundation
For more information and to download the Square Meal report, visit the Food Research Collaboration's website.
Share this event
Sorry, this form is not yet available.