Locations and timings:
- Thursday 27 September - Rooms A107/A108 (College Building) - 11.00 - 16.00.
- Friday 28 September - Room C336 (Tait Building) - 11.00 - 16.00.
Centre for Language Studies is offering free language courses to all students and staff at City.
The courses are designed to improve your language competences from Lower Intermediate level up to Advanced.
They are general purposes courses, designed for you to learn French, German or Spanish in the context of day-to-day life in these three languages. If you successfully complete the language course, you will be given a language certificate from the University but the language options do not count towards your degree.
Information about the courses:
- Languages taught: French, German and Spanish
- Levels taught: Lower-Intermediate; Upper Intermediate; Advanced
- Four skills are trained and developed: speaking, listening, reading and writing comprehension
- Studied topics are related to the world of day-today life of the target country
- Cultural knowledge related to the target language will be conveyed
For more information, please come to the Language Fair on Thursday 27 September in room A107/ A108 (College Building, first floor) and Friday 28 September in room C336 (Tait Building, 3rd floor) from 11.00 - 16.00.
An online placement tests - to assess your level of competence so that you can study your target language at the right level - will take place at the Language Fair. This is not an examination; the tests are only designed to find your level of linguistic competence at this point in time.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can visit the Centre for Language Studies web page by clicking here.
Share this event
When & where
11.00am - 4.00pmThursday 27th September 2012 to Friday 28th September 2012