Reporting 21st Century conflict – a panel discussion and book launch
- 29 November 2012
- 18:30 - 20:00
- College Building, St John Street, London EC1V 4PB, UK
- Event Type:
- Panel Discussions
- Open to:
- Admission Price:
- Free to attend, please book a place
- Event Created:
- 2012-10-22 15:51:24
- Event Details:
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL
The political and technological changes which have reshaped the world since the end of the Cold War have brought new challenges for those who report on conflict. This panel discussion will consider what those challenges are, and how they can best be met. Those taking part all have extensive experience of conflict journalism from reporting in the field to top level editorial decision making.
The discussion will be chaired by Professor Howard Tumber, and panellists include:
- Sarah Whitehead, Head of International News at Sky News
- Sarah Topol, winner of the 2012 Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism for her coverage of Libya
- Ibrahim Adwan, Gazan journalist and graduate of City University's MA in International Journalism
- James Rodgers, Lecturer in Journalism at City University, former BBC Correspondent in Gaza, Brussels, and Moscow, and the author of Reporting Conflict (Palgrave MacMillan 2012).
The event will also be a launch for this recently-published title and will be followed by a small reception.
- Event title:
- Reporting 21st Century conflict – a panel discussion and book launch