- 25 June 2012
- 18:00 - 19:00
- Atkin Building, 4 Gray's Inn Place, London WC1R 5DX, United Kingdom
- Event Type:
- Panel Discussions
- Open to:
- Event Created:
- 2012-05-17 14:33:05
- Event Details:
Location: Atkin Building, Grays Inn, City University London, WC1R 5DX.
A joint event between The City Law School and The South Eastern Circuit of the Bar.
A debate about the BSB's proposals for a new Code of Conduct and for Entity Regulation, and the impact of these proposals upon the justice system and upon the Bar.
- Introduction by HH Judge Donald Cryan, Chair of the Advisory Board of The City Law School.
- Motion for debate: that the BSB proposals are unlikely to benefit the administration of justice in the 21st Century.
Speakers for the motion:
- Stephen Hockman QC, former Bar Chairman.
- His Hon. Judge Owen Davies Q.C.
Speakers against the motion:
- Patricia Robertson QC, member, Bar Standards Board.
- Dr Vanessa Davies, Director of the Bar Standards Board.
This event is free to attend, please book a place.
- Event title:
- The Future Of The Bar
Fields marked with a * are required.
Need help with this form? Let us help.
Sorry, this form is not available.