Admission Price: £20, to cover buffet lunch and refreshments.
A one-day conference jointly sponsored by the European Journalism Training Association and the Department of Journalism at City University London.
Location: Room AG22, College Building, City University London, St. John Street, London EC1V 4PB
Follow this event on Twitter with the hashtag #citylocal
10:00. Panel discussion: How is online local reporting going to survive?
- Rick Waghorn, founder of myfootballwriter.com and Addiply
- Jose Otarola-Silesky, International Press Institute
12:00. Panel discussion. Hyperlocals across the Channel and North Sea
- Bart Bijnens, (Belgium), project manager of the hyperlocal department at Het Belang van Limburg
- Bart Brouwers (Netherlands), founder of dichtbij.nl, Telegraaf Media Group's concept for a nationwide hyperlocal news and information platform
- Ernst Poulsen (Denmark), freelance web journalist who has worked in new media since 1998, and co-founder and first chairman of the Danish Online News Association
14.30. Presentation and question and answer via Skype. Hard Economic Lessons for News
Jeff Jarvis, City University New York, Director of the Tow-Knight Center for Entrepreneurial Journalism
15.00. Panel discussion. The future of local news
- Sarah Hartley,Guardian local blog network editor
- Greg Hadfield, UK expert on new media
- James Hatts, co-founder or www.london-se1.co.uk, one of the biggest hyperlocal news sites in the UK
Share this event
When & where
10.00am - 4.00pmFriday 13th May 2011
Sorry, this form is not yet available.