HIV & AIDS
The AIDS Education and Research Trust has information about HIV and AIDS.
HIV services: Rapid HIV testing service
Royal Free HIV Service including the Ian Charleson Day Centre:
- Free, walk-in testing - no appointment necessary.
- Results are available within minutes of the blood sample being taken, after a brief pre-test discussion with a member of staff.
- This service is fast, free and confidential.
- Prevention advice is also available; including reducing risks associated with unprotected sex and unprotected oral sex.
- Condoms are also available
HIV testing and full sexual health screening is held in the Ian Charleson Day Centre and is also available in the Marlborough clinic. (The Centre does not offer full sexual health screening to all walk-ins).
If you would like to have a rapid HIV test, you can walk in during clinic hours.
This is a free and confidential service and results are available within minutes of the blood sample being taken.
If you are diagnosed HIV positive and would like to make an appointment please contact the Centre on 020 7830 2051.
Any other enquiries please contact Professor Margaret Johnson on 020 7830 2775.