Mental Health team: medical evidence
City, University of London is committed to enabling disabled students to participate fully in university life. Students are required to provide appropriate medical evidence in order for reasonable adjustments to be made to facilitate this.
Medical Evidence Requirements
Medical evidence must be no more than 12 months old and must be provided by one of the following:
- General Practitioner (G.P.)
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Secondary Care Team Member
The evidence should contain the following information:
- Diagnosis and date of diagnosis
- Whether the condition has or is likely to last 6 months or longer or is likely to reoccur
- If the condition fluctuates
- The impact your condition may have on your study or attendance
- If possible and applicable, any prescribed medication and/or referral for psychological/specialist psychiatric treatment
- The impact any treatment may have on study or attendance at City
Electronic copy of your medical evidence or enquiries relating to this can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All personal information that you share with the Student Counselling & Mental Health Service is considered sensitive under the Data Protection Act (1998). It will remain strictly confidential and will only be disclosed to relevant parties at your request and/or with your knowledge. Student Counselling & Mental Health Service staff attend external supervision and meetings of the City Multidisciplinary Team, similarly bound by confidentiality. The only exception arises where there is concern for the safety of individuals.