Web Programming using PHP/MySQL Part 2 Short Courses
Students will learn how to develop real-world web applications with PHP and MySQL. Topics covered include object-oriented programming in PHP, PDO, database integrity, authentication, security and session handling, server side data validation, on-the-fly image generation, PHP libraries and Composer, and configuration of web development environments under Windows and Unix.
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Thursday 5 October 2017||18:15 - 20:15||10 weekly classes||£430.00||CS2524||Apply Now|
|Monday 15 January 2018||18:15 - 20:15||10 weekly classes||£430.00||CS2524||Apply Now|
|Monday 30 April 2018||18:15 - 20:15||10 weekly classes||£430.00||CS2524||Apply Now|
Successful completion of Web Programming with PHP/MySQL Part 1 or equivalent PHP/MySQL skills and completion of our introductory web authoring course Building Websites with HTML5 and CSS3, or equivalent (X)HTML authoring skills.
What will I learn?
- Object oriented PHP (OOPHP)
- Database interaction with PDO
- Manipulating files and folders with PHP
- Web services with cURL and JSON
- Form processing, validation and file uploads
- Sessions, cookies and data persistence
- Website authentication and access control
- Database integrity techniques (constraints, transactions, locks)
- Working with Composer and third party libraries
- Security pitfalls in web applications
- Application design techniques and industry standard practices
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Build modular web applications
- Use object oriented programming techniques
- Keep track of users with sessions and cookies
- Secure your PHP site
- Integrate with 3rd-party web services using PHP
- Process web forms robustly and securely.