Web Programming using PHP/MySQL Part 1 Short Courses
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Tuesday 2 October 2012||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£390.00||CE1559||Course Full|
|Friday 5 October 2012||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£390.00||CE1559||Enrollment Closed|
|Friday 18 January 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£390.00||CE1559||Enrollment Closed|
|Tuesday 22 January 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£390.00||CE1559||Enrollment Closed|
|Tuesday 30 April 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£390.00||CE1559||Enrollment Closed|
|Friday 3 May 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£390.00||CE1559||Apply Now|
Sonya Smith is a freelance web developer, who has coded and designed a number of small business sites. She graduated from the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne with a BSc Microbiology and Molecular Biology and worked as a science technician before moving into the world of computing.
EligibilitySuccessful completion of Web Authoring course or good knowledge of HTML and web pages.
What will I learn?
- Context: Client-server solutions. Overview of server-side languages e.g. PHP, ASP, PERL, and JSP. Static and dynamic, interactive pages. What are PHP, MySQL, and LAMP. Obtaining and using PHP and MySQL. Resources and tools e.g. manuals, books, websites, and development environments.
- Fundamentals of programming and databases including what are types, control structures, functions, arrays, DBMS and relational databases.
- PHP: The php.ini file. Fundamentals of the PHP language including syntax, variables and constants, data-types, operators, control and looping structures, arrays, and functions. Predefined variables. register_globals. Templates.
- MySQL: Administration and syntax. SQL. How to create and modify databases/tables, establish connections, query, and use the results.
- Other issues: Publishing on the City server: FTP/sFTP, Telnet/SSH. Fundamental security and good programming considerations. How to handle and log errors. Obfuscation and encoding. Working as a PHP/MySQL developer. Options for follow-up to the course including certification the 'Advanced Web Techniques with PHP' course.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental characteristics of dynamic web pages, PHP, and MySQL
- Design and create a dynamic, database-enabled site using PHP and MySQL.
After this course you can progress to: