Web Authoring Short Courses
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Thursday 4 October 2012||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£360.00||CE1586||Course Full|
|Friday 5 October 2012||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£360.00||CE1586||Enrollment Closed|
|Friday 18 January 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£360.00||CE1586||Enrollment Closed|
|Thursday 24 January 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£360.00||CE1586||Enrollment Closed|
|Thursday 2 May 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£360.00||CE1586||Apply Now|
|Friday 3 May 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£360.00||CE1586||Apply Now|
Faezeh Seyedarabi works as a Web Accessibility Consultant at Test Partners Ltd. Faezeh has an MSc in Logic and Computation and have completed her PhD Programme in Information Science involving search engine personalisation and user interface design. She is also Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA). For more information please visit www.faezeh.co.uk
Microsoft Windows and the use of a web browser.
What will I learn?
- Context: About the Internet and Web. W3C and web standards. Resources and tools e.g. code editors, HTML exports from productivity suites such as MS Office and WYSIWYG editors. The processes and skill sets involved in site planning, design and construction. Site management. Client-server solutions. Platform and browser compatibility. Prototyping.
- HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) including usability and accessibility.
- Graphics. Vectors and bitmaps. Web image types. Image optimisation. Example uses.
- Other issues: Fundamental security and good programming considerations. Testing and validation. Site publicity/marketing e.g. search engine submission.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental characteristics of the Web, such as its development
- Design and create a web site including graphics content.
Castro, Elizabeth (2006) HTML, XHTML, and CSS: Visual QuickStart Guide: With XHTML and CSS (Visual QuickStart Guides) Peachpit Press
After this course you can progress to Web programming using PHP/MySQL.