Professional Website Development with Dreamweaver Short Courses
Using Dreamweaver (version CS6), this hands-on course covers the design and management of cross-browser web sites using XHTML and CSS for building user friendly websites.
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Tuesday 2 October 2012||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£360.00||CE1554||Course Cancelled|
|Saturday 2 February 2013||10:00 - 16:00||4 weekly classes||£360.00||CE1554||Course Cancelled|
|Wednesday 1 May 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£360.00||CE1554||Apply Now|
Pablo Alperin is a freelance web designer who has worked in a number of projects, particularly related with education, charities and design artists. He has also worked as a journalist and a photographer. Nowadays, he is a Visiting Lecturer at Birkbeck, University of London and supports students with disabilities at different universities around London.
Working knowledge of HTML or successful completion of Web Authoring.
English RequirementsApplicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
What will I learn?
Designing a website:
- Using Adobe Fireworks to transfer a sketch into a design.
- Creating user-friendly layouts that are well organised and easy to navigate
An introduction to Dreamweaver functionality:
- Familiarisation with the Dreamweaver workspace and interface. Swapping between the visual and source mode.
- Good site structure, site checking. Using templates and library items.
Cascading Style Sheets:
- External CSS stylesheets. IDs and classes. How to use CSS to create a consistent look and feel to site.
- Using HTML containers and CSS to layout your pages.
- Accessibility issues and using Dreamweaver to create accessible webpages.