Introduction to Health Economics for Industry Short Courses
An introduction to
- The role of health economics from the industry perspective
- Types of economic evaluation and their use
- Types of pharmacoeconomic models and their use
- Data sources for models
- Common HTA issues and solutions
- Developing an economic evaluation plan
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Thursday 24 October 2024||10:00 - 14:00||1 day||£355||EC0000||Course Cancelled|
Juliet is Senior Director for Health Economics at Abacus International, a market access and health economics' consultancy working with 80% of the top pharmaceutical companies. With over fourteen years' health economics' consultancy experience, Juliet heads a team of eleven health economists delivering health economic models to pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics companies. Juliet has been course leader for the Economic Evaluation Workshops for the MSc Health Economics and MSc Economic Evaluation in Healthcare at City, University of London for the last eight years.
Anthony is a Consultant Health Economist at Abacus International with over 12 years' health economics' consultancy experience.
Anthony has a broad spectrum of experience across data analysis, research, writing, training and most extensively health economic modelling. With an advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA he has been involved in designing and building pharmacoeconomic models of all types for multiple audiences; from budget impact sales tools for local decision making to complex Markov models and discrete event simulations for health technology assessment (HTA).
Anthony has an MSc in Economic Evaluation in Health Care from City, University of London, where he has also been teaching health economic modelling techniques using Excel to MSc students since 2006.
Primary target attendees include employees within pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics companies who work in:
* Research and Development
* Marketing or Sales
* Medical Information
* Other non-health economics roles
No specific eligibility criteria.
Good standard of English comprehension - training and materials are in English
What will I learn?
- The role and use of health economics for industry
- Key health economics terminology and concepts
- To understand health economic publications
- How to identify economic arguments for healthcare interventions
- To evaluate the appropriateness of a proposed health economic argument and model methodology
- To evaluate the appropriateness of data sources within a health economic model
- To identify the data collection required to support the development of a health economic model
Teaching and Assessment
One-day intensive course with no assessment
- Decision Modelling For Health Economic Evaluation. Andrew Briggs, Karl Claxton, Mark Sculpher
- Economic Evaluation in Healthcare. Michael Drummond and Alistair McGuire
- Methods for Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes. Michael F Drummond, Bernie O'Brien, Greg L. Stoddart, George W. Torrance
A certificate of attendance