Dementia Awareness (full day) Short Courses
This one day course will cover the following topics in relation to dementia awareness:
- Exploring normal and abnormal ageing processes
- Attitudes, prejudices and fears
- Different kinds of dementias: signs and symptoms, treatment options
- Risks and dangers
- Resources for helping those with dementia and their carers
- Effective communication and strategies for managing some common problems for those with dementia.
The teaching day is based on power point presentations, exercises, role plays, and scenarios.
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Date tbc||09:30||Full day||£180.00||CS6013||Register Interest|
Lynny is a Director at Mental Health Care Training ltd. She is an experienced teacher in adult education, with particular knowledge of: nursing, health care, human relationships, supervision, support, counselling, and psychotherapy.
Qualified Healthcare professionals, support staff and healthcare assistants in NHS Trusts, GP surgeries, Private hospitals and Care Homes.
Applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English.
What will I learn?
Please see Course Overview.
Teaching and Assessment
No formal assessment, for teaching see Course Overview.