Advanced Linux Network and Systems Administration Short Courses
As more corporations migrate their network services to open-source and Linux based solutions, the demand for highly skilled Linux engineers is now greater than ever.
This Advanced Linux short course provides valuable practical knowledge on several aspects of network configurations, and the troubleshooting that the role of system and network administrators requires.
This includes host preparation for web services, virtual domains, multiple static IPs, Apache server optimisation, security enhancement; installation of Perl, Python, PHP, popular CMS systems (Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal), Tomcat, MySQL, Postgres and Oracle, and many more.
All these will be done using the console; no management systems will be involved.
Students will be able to apply their skills to any Linux distribution.
You must bring your own laptop to this class.
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Monday 2 October 2017||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£490.00||CS2521||Apply Now|
|Monday 15 January 2018||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£490.00||CS2521||Apply Now|
|Monday 30 April 2018||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£490.00||CS2521||Apply Now|
Evangelos Tsiontsis has extensive academic and professional experience in Networks and computer science. He has a BSc/MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece) and an MSc in Telecommunication and Personal Communication Systems from KCL.
He has worked as a Research Assistant in the Centre of Telecommunication Research (CTR) of King's College London in the area of peer-to-peer (p2p) networks where he developed his own p2p application.
After working as network administrator in various companies in UK, he is now the co-founder and developer of the software company statementreader.com.
Successful completion of the Linux Network and System Administration or knowledge of topics therein.
Applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
What will I learn?
On the Advanced Linux course, you will learn the following:
- How to choose a virtual/dedicated server, picking the appropriate Linux distribution and setting up the domain name for your company.
- Installation and optimisation of the Apache Server and modules.
- Supporting multiple domains and websites from the same server.
- Adding CGI support for php, perl and python to the apache server and CGI security.
- Installation, configuration and optimisation of MySQL, Postgres and Oracle databases.
- Installation of Joomla, WordPress, Drupal and Tomcat.
- Configuring Squid as a Web Proxy Server.
- Mail Servers, installation of Citadel, SpamAssassin and making sure our mail server is not categorized as a spam node.
- Configuring Network File Access through FTP, ssh/scp/sftp, Samba and NFS.
- Security and Firewalls, iptables for traffic filtering, Port Forwarding and DMZ zones.
- Setting up a Linux Box as a Router and a Gateway, packet forwarding and NAT.
- QoS and Traffic Conditioning in Linux, How to allocate bandwidth to specific internet traffic.
- SSH encryption, tunneling and port forwarding.