.NET Advanced Applications with C# Short Courses
For people who have completed .NET object-oriented Programming using C# or have equivalent knowledge. You will learn how to design and implement complex windows applications using the latest .NET techniques as well as WPF and WCF. This also prepares you for taking the MS certification 70-502 and 70-526. Software version: Visual Studio 2010 (compatibilities with other versions will be covered).
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Friday 18 January 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£420.00||CE3703||Course Full|
|Friday 3 May 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£420.00||CE3703||Waiting List|
Tutor InfoMatthew Shields is currently working in the health sector on an award winning product. He has worked on a variety of software development projects, including among other things - publishing and a Mission Planning system.
Matthew has spent many years working in the IT domain, both in FTSE 100 companies and in the NHS. Where his work has included architecture and development of a range of applications for enterprise and research purposes.
He has a Masters degree in Medical Physics and a Masters degree in Computer Science.
English RequirementsApplicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
What will I learn?
- Delegates, Events, Asynchronous Method Calls
- Introduction, XAML, WPF Application, WPF Layout
- WPF Classic Controls, WPF Window, WPF Pages and Navigation
- Dependency Properties, Routed Events, Resources, Data Binding, Threading Model
- InterOP, Attributes and Reflection
- Web Services & Remoting
- Distributed Systems, Basics of WCF
- Contracts, Channels & Bindings
- Behaviours and Hosting
Teaching and AssessmentSubstantial Courseworks
- Pro C# 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform, Andrew Troelsen (2007) - Apress
- Programming .NET 3.5, Jesse Liberty (2008) - O'Reilly
- Essential Windows Communication Foundation (WCF): For .NET Framework 3.5, 2008, Microsoft .Net Development, Steve Resnick, Richard Crane, and Chris Bowen
- Programming WCF Services, Juval Lowry (2007), O'Reilly
- Pro WCF, Amit Bahree et al (2007) - Apress