Tissue Viability CPD
The module will help you gain the research based knowledge and skills required to practice and advise on the comprehensive, holistic care required in wound prevention, management and related issues.
Dates and Fees to be confirmed
- You must be a qualified nurse or midwife either in the UK or overseas.
English RequirementsFor those students whose first language is not English one of the
following qualifications is also required:
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL (internet-based): 100
What will I learn?The module will enable you to:
(List of outcomes students will achieve from taking the module) (bullet points))
- Demonstrate a comprehensive wound assessment and critical evaluation using a recognised framework
- Develop strategies for the implementation of tissue viability protocols in their clinical area
- Be able to evaluate evidence in considering options for health education of individuals with tissue viability needs
- Act as a key person in the development and evaluation of continuous quality improvement.
Teaching and AssessmentMode of delivery
Teaching methods include lectures, seminars and work-based learning.
Assessment for the module consists of an essay, objective structured clinical examinations, practice-based assessments and seminar presentations with supporting papers.